Synnabar Consulting, Inc. offers both on-site and public training
programs, seminars, and workshops in all of our consulting services.
We offer these trainings in three forms:
- End users (i.e. those acquiring a particular skill)
- HR and Training Professionals
- Consultants wishing to extend their capabilities
Synnabar training events cover every aspect of the change process
for individuals, teams, and organizations, all with the overriding
A strategic process for inventing the future. Who do we want to
Taking stock. Employing state-of-the-art methodologies to understand
who we are today. How are we doing?
Making the Change
Producing a plan distilled from our understanding of the gap between
who/where we are and who/where we want to be. Implementing that
Reassessing where we are, re-evaluating where we want to be, refining
the plan, and continuing the implementation.
At a time of fierce competition, reduced budgets, and a fast changing
marketplace, how can a business not only retain its human resource
capital, but enhance its effectiveness?
World-class training based upon the very latest in human performance
technology releases the potential of an organization’s human
resource capital while providing a significant personal benefit
to the recipients.
At Synnabar Consulting, we believe that a business’s key
resource for growth and profitability is its people.
Synnabar Consulting’s Training Programs and Workshops are
high-impact designs that:
- engage the hearts and minds of participants
- are closely related to the business issues and challenges that
face the organization
- have clear opportunities for participants to apply their learning
to their job performance
- assemble the three essential ingredients for high performance:
feedback, motivation, and change partners
- deliver results.
Each of these elements is essential. In today’s business
environment, no company can afford to waste time or resources on
training that does not add value.
All our programs contain three essential elements:
- Developing understanding
- Acquiring Tools and Skills
- Achieving Competence: i.e., knowing when and how to use acquired
We know that the key to added value is to ensure that training
translates into real behavior change.
Synnabar Consulting also provides follow-up programs so that the
new skills and competencies developed will gain traction and produce
sustained change and improvement. These follow-up programs focus
on the application of the new skills, address problems, review examples,
and reinforce the initial workshops.
Synnabar’s performance enhancing training programs and workshops:
- Increase employee motivation, engagement, trust, satisfaction,
- Accelerate the development of key contributors to the organization
- Develop high performance leaders and future leaders who can
implement the organization’s vision, goals, and business
- Retool command-and-control managers into effective leaders
- Identify reservoirs of talent
- Groom high potentials
- Help minimize mismatches between what a key contributor does
and what the company needs
- Assist employees in developing increased self-awareness (i.e.
emotional intelligence), and a better understanding of their own
strengths and limitations
- Train managers to be potent mentors.
These programs achieve the following vital organizational objectives:
- Enhanced competitiveness
- Increased innovation and agility
- Attraction of the best and the brightest
- Improved retention
The benefits apply at every level in an organization.
Employee value is not about making employees happy. It is about
creating the necessary conditions for a motivated and committed
workforce that is required for your organization to succeed. The
contribution of individual contributors, managers, and executives
is the determining factor in a company’s growth.
For managers and leaders in the twenty-first century, it will be
imperative to develop people and skill sets at every level to enable
enterprises to manage change effectively. Our goal is to help you
design and implement a leadership training program that not only
teaches new skills, but more importantly, motivates everyone to
apply these skills and thereby enhance their performance.
A sample list of Synnabar Training Services.
Each topic is delivered in-house and in public trainings, and can
be tailored for:
- End Users
- HR and Training Professionals
Developing Technical Professionals
Developing High Potentials
Partner Development: Professional Service Firms
Hiring the Best By Design
Executive Team Enhancement
Cross-Functional Team Facilitation
Kick-Start Workshops for Project Teams
Strategy Development Facilitation
Creating Ethical Communities
Metrics That Matter: Measuring for Success
Training for Internal HR Team in Management Development
Group Design for Leadership Development
Coach-the-Coach Program for Managers and Leaders
Individual Development: an overview for HR Professionals
Organizational Development: an overview for HR Professionals
A Synopsis of Recent Training Events
1. Tools for Optimizing Employee Motivation,
Engagement, and Commitment: the Facilitative Manager.
This course introduces concepts, skills, and tools for the Facilitative
Manager. This management style and skill set is a particularly effective
- addressing organizational inertia
- conquering cynicism and low morale
- overcoming resistance
- dealing with conflict
- developing and motivating employees
- managing for results.
2. Management at the Speed of Change
This program identifies the important steps for managers to respond
to rapid change. These steps include:
- designing a blueprint for the change process
- communicating change as a positive force
- overcoming resistance
- preparing for timely implementation.
3. A Manager’s Guide to Strategy
Implementation: Vertical Alignment
This program provides managers with a method for understanding how
their group aligns with and creates value for the organization’s
larger vision and mission. A step-by-step process is provided for
managers to utilize in their daily work planning, decision making,
and priority setting in order to keep their group in vertical alignment
with the organization’s strategy.
4. A Manager’s Guide to Strategy Implementation: Horizontal
This program teaches managers the fundamental steps necessary for
Value Chain Management. In most business settings the activities
that create and add value are complex and often cross-functional.
In order to effectively manage this process it is necessary to be
able to view the “big picture” and identify potential
gaps, lapses, breakdowns, and vulnerabilities in the Value Chain.
It is then necessary to develop a specific plan and set of actions
targeted at improving the strength, efficiency, and effectiveness
of cross-functional activities.
5. Coaching and Mentoring for Managers
Increasingly central to the successful functioning of contemporary
managers and leaders is their ability to replace the command-and-control
mode of management with the manager-as-coach model. This model stresses
empowerment, development, and interpersonal consultation as opposed
to planning, controlling, and coordinating. Topics included in this
- the basics of coaching
- navigating the coaching relationship
- how to ask powerful questions
- how to develop effective behavior change and individual development
- how to give and receive feedback
6. Effective Team Building
This training covers the basics of team building for managers. It
includes instruction in the fundamental skills necessary to work
effectively in a team-oriented environment. In the program we examine
how to apply basic team processes and tools to foster commitment,
increase trust, empower people, and create synergy for accomplishing
7. Customer Focused Management
Description: This program is designed to provide managers with the
specific knowledge and skills that they need in order to create
a more customer-focused management style. Skills will be identified
for inspiring customer-responsive behavior throughout their group.
Particular focus will be placed on preparing managers for the consequences
of organizational change and the resulting problems that could adversely
affect customer service. Participants will leave this program with
tools to improve organizational systems and customer service skills.
8. Conflict Resolution and Dealing with
Learn to work effectively in challenging interpersonal situations
in the workplace. This program will help the participants to
- create win-win solutions
- maintain their composure around difficult people
- build and repair relationships after a win/lose conflict has
- motivate others to take positive actions.
One-Day Training Programs Specifically Designed
for Managers and Leaders:
- Metrics that Matter: Measuring for Success
- Hiring the Best by Design
- Essential Ingredients for High Performance
- Managing for Results: Creating a Culture of Execution
- Effective Meetings
- From Strategy to Tactics
- Strategic Planning
- Strategic Decision Making
- Getting It Done: Managing Relationships and Priorities
- Developing a Motivation Machine
- Achieving Influence in Organizations
- Negotiation Skills
- Successfully Navigate the Whitewaters of Organizational Politics
- Building Powerful Teams
- The Leader’s Role in Conflict, Change, and Adversity
Programs that add value at all levels:
- Managing Stress at Work
- Powerful Communication Skills for the Workplace
- Increasing Your Effectiveness: Emotional Intelligence in the
- Managing Conflicts
- Effective Analytical Thinking, Decision Making, and Problem
- Creativity Boot Camp
- Time Management Made Easy
High-Impact Training Methodology
All of the training programs described above will be delivered
utilizing Synnabar’s high-impact training methodology. Central
to our training design is an understanding of the Adult Learning
and Behavior Change Model. These trainings are designed to engage
the hearts and minds of managers and leaders.
- Be closely connected to the business issues and challenges
that managers face daily.
- Have clear opportunities for participants to apply their learning
to their job performance.
- Be behaviorally based for easy identification of specific take-aways
from the training event.
- Deliver results.
We utilize an experiential learning process in order to engage
a learner’s emotional and cognitive abilities. In addition
we prefer to use a company’s real-time business challenges
in devising case studies, scenarios, and simulations. Our exercises
challenge learners to respond in ways that bypass their natural
reluctance to experiment with new approaches to old problems. Lessons
learned in this fashion are more likely to translate into prevailing
habit and practice, and therefore to be employed outside the training
We at Synnabar Consulting are interested in developing collaborative
long-term relationships with our clients and potential clients.
We invite you to contact us so that we can learn more about your
organization, your needs, and discover together how we may best
be able to support your organization’s strategic goals.
Any of our programs, seminars, and workshops can be custom designed
to meet your organization’s needs.
||Contact us for a no-charge, exploratory
discussion of either our template or our custom designed products